A Forres councillor has been recognised for her services to the community during Covid-19.
Lorna Creswell was given the British Empire Medal in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List released yesterday. Publication of the list was delayed to allow nominations for people involved with the coronavirus response.
Lorna is a councillor in Forres and committee memberships include the Children and young People’s Services Committee and Policy and Resources Committee and Moray Council Emergency Cabinet.
She is also on the board of Moray Firth Credit Union and Forres Youth Cafe. Five other people in Moray received honours in the list.
- Kathleen Margaret McGrath. Home manager, Andersons. For services to Older People in Moray during Covid-19 (Elgin, Moray)
- Dr Julie Ruth McIlwaine. For services to Healthcare in Cairngorms during Covid-19. (Grantown-on-Spey, Moray)
- Ann Ingram. Administrator, Ladybird Developmental Playgroup. For services to Children with Disabilities in Moray (Lossiemouth, Moray)
- Richard Forsyth. Chair, Forsyth’s Ltd. For services to the Distillation and Oil and Gas Industries and the community in Speyside, Scottish Highlands (Rothes, Moray)
- Lorna Creswell. For services to the community in Moray during Covid-19 (Forres, Moray)
- Mairi McCallum. For services to the community in Moray during Covid-19 (Elgin, Moray)