All primary school pupils will go back to school on 15 March, and a phased return will be introduced for secondary pupils.
The announcement was made by First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in her update today, along with an update on school staff testing and guidance on entering someone’s house for essential care.
- All children in P4–7 will return to school full time and will be able to attend regulated childcare including breakfast clubs.
- Phased and blended return of secondary school pupils with the aim of all pupils back full-time after the Easter holidays.
- Pupils in S4-S6 prioritised for face-to-face learning but all pupils will experience face-to-face learning each week before Easter.
- All ELC staff, Primary staff, Secondary staff and senior phase pupils will be able to access twice-weekly lateral flow testing.
- Guidance on entering someone’s house to provide essential care is being amended to include providing support for a parent of a child under the age of 1.
As of 7:30am this morning, 1,634,361 people have received their first dose of the vaccine and 84,445 have received their second dose of the vaccine.Please stay at home as much as possible and when out remember FACTS:
Next week, the First Minister will set out detail on other easing of restrictions from 15 March.