The First Minister has announced further confirmed and indicative dates for the next stages of the route map out of lockdown today.
However, Scotland remains in phase three for now. Changes in the coming weeks will be minimal but the Scottish Government has published indicative dates for further changes.
Here’s what you need to know
- Shielding paused from 1 August
- Routine eye care services can be provided within community optometry practices and in patients’ homes, from 3 August
- Children will return to school full time in August
- Urgent dental care involving aerosol treatment can be provided in NHS dentists from 17 August
Below are the indicative dates for other changes.
Monday 24th August
- Driving lessons
- Snooker and pool halls, and indoor bowling
- Funfairs, amusement arcades and casinos
- Bingo halls
- Organised contact sports for all ages (outdoor)
- Live outdoor events with physical distancing and restricted numbers
Monday 14th September
- Gyms (indoor) – this will be kept under review to consider whether earlier opening is possible
- Swimming pools (indoor) – this will be kept under review to consider whether earlier opening is possible
- Soft play (indoor)
- Live events indoor – with physical distancing and restricted numbers
- Indoor sports courts including skating and dance studios – will be kept under review to consider whether indoor classes for children can resume earlier or an earlier re-opening date is possible
- Not before 11th September
- Non-essential offices and call centres – working from home and working flexibly remain the default
See graphic for more info