Community groups and charities in Forres running food projects are being invited to apply for £1500 of funding.
Tesco Community Grants fund thousands of local community projects across the UK, helping to fight holiday hunger, tackle mental health, support young people, host community events and much more. The grant scheme is open for applications and will provide grants of up to £1500 with priority given to projects focused on supporting children and families or providing food and tackling food insecurity.
Every three months, three local good causes are selected to be in the blue token customer vote in Tesco stores throughout the UK.
A spokesperson for the scheme said: “Applications are open to all local good causes, but we are currently prioritising helping projects that support food security, children and young people and local store nominated good causes.
- a local friends of a park group wanting to develop a new toddler area,
- a residents group planting an orchard,
- a local school needing food for a children’s breakfast club,
- a community garden running activities for children,
- a healthy eating project that supports families to cook healthy meals on a budget,
- a voluntary organisation working with families to run holiday clubs,
- a charity supporting young people with specialist advice to manage mental health,
- a brownie or scout group needing new tents,
- or a youth sports club needing new equipment.
To find out more and apply, visit https://www.greenspacescotland.org.uk/grant-funding