Forres and the surrounding area is home to outstanding food producers, award-winning eateries, and unique craft producers and giftware.
This unique collection of businesses makes a pleasant day out in itself. Contained in a former steading, there is a cafe, art gallery, bookstore, furniture maker and lots more. There’s also free parking, riverside walks, a garden and food hall.
- Directions: About 6 miles (10 mins drive) from Forres. Turn right off the A939 signposted to Carrbridge just after Logie Primary School, and then right again about a mile along the B9007. (signposted Logie Steading)
- Nearby attractions: River Findhorn, Randolph’s Leap, Sluie Walk, Ace Adventure
A shopping trip wouldn’t complete without a visit to Brodie Countryfare. With a wide range of food, clothing, art, homeware, toys and bustling restaurant, this upmarket destination is a popular stopping point on the way into and out of Forres.
- Directions: Three miles west of Forres on the A96 in the village of Brodie.
- Nearby attractions: Brodie Castle (NTS)
This collective of more than 20 local crafters doesn’t have a permanent base, but you can find a lot of their hand-made gifts in local shops. At Christmas they hold a pop-up shop (pictured above).
This shop can be found inside the Findhorn Foundation. The collection of Mind, Body and Spirit books, alternative foods and medicines is unmatched.
- Directions: Four miles north of Forres on the B9011 (Signposted Findhorn Foundation)
- Nearby attractions: Findhorn village, Findhorn Bay Local Nature Reserve, Findhorn Beach