A Forres courier has so many parcels, she knew they weren’t going to get delivered in time for Christmas.
So she hatched a plan to get the pile of presents down to zero by Saturday.
Beth Giles, who delivers in the Forres area for Hermes is holding an ‘open day’ where those eagerly awaiting parcels can go and pick them up.
She posted the announcement on popular Facebook group Everyday Forres.
“I am a Forres courier who would like to make sure everyone receives their parcels before Christmas!”
“Due to the large amount of parcels we will be unable to deliver them all, so have decided to hold an open day tomorrow (Thursday).”
Beth knows only too well that the parcels at this time of year could make the world of difference to some people, so she’s doing her bit to meet the most important deadline of the year.
“After the two years of covid I thought something like this would put some smiles back on people’s faces.”
She said that hundreds of people have already messagesd her and she is confident the rest will be delivered on time. Beth is dressing as an elf for the occasion and one of the drivers is dressed as Santa.
The time and location for the pickup is:
- 5pm to 7pm – Containers behind Moray Coast Vets, Greshop Industrial Estate.
- 7:30pm to 9pm – Rafford Town Hall
Beth has also published the areas she covers and asked that you message her with street name and number to confirm she has the parcel.
- St LEONARD’S ROAD – Including all connecting streets.
- All SANQUHAR
- All WOODSIDE including all connecting streets.
- ORCHARD ROAD including all streets connecting streets.
- HIGH STREET- Including all streets connecting from it.
- NORTH ROAD- Including all streets connecting from it.
- BOGTON ROAD
- DRUMDUAN – Inc Rd, Park, Garden
- All FORBESHILL
- All of RAFFORD and DALLAS
She added that all parcels that cannot be collected will be delivered.