Scottih Golf Activator Programme
11 November at 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The new Activator programme provides individuals with an interactive and practical training course that will enable them to support their PGA Professional introduce more people to golf.
What is involved in the training?
By the end of the course activators will gain a better understanding of:
- Practical non-technical training,
- Fundamental movement skills,
- Inclusion awareness,
- Teaching games for understanding,
- The role of the activator vs the PGA Professional
Before being deployed activators should ensure that they have completed the Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport (CWPS) course and are a member of the PVG scheme through their golf club/facility.
Who is the course for?
The activator programme is for those who are:
- New to helping out with activities for new golfers,
- Interested to get involved with supporting activity,
- A parent or guardian who would like to help out in the coaching environment,
- A young volunteer, junior captain/vice-captain and would like to help your peers enjoy golf,
- An existing volunteer who lacks the confidence to actively support the PGA Coach at your club.
You don’t need a lot of golf knowledge or experience to attend, just a willingness to ‘help out’ at your club.
The course last 3 hours and includes a mixture of theory and practical based learning. All our courses are delivered by a skilled tutor workforce and sessions are designed to be interactive and reflective. The course will not train you how to deliver technical coaching.
Please come dressed for the practical element of the course.
The course is open to everyone 16 years and above.