Events in Moray
We publish details of events based on the knowledge we have available to us and hold no responsibility for their accuracy. Details do change from time to time and events can be cancelled without notice. Please double-check with organisers directly if travelling or making arrangements based around the event.
- This event has passed.
Christmas Lights Switch-on & Winter Wonderland
3 December 2022 at 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
There will be activities taking place during the afternoon in the Town Hall with the light switch-on taking place outside the Tolbooth at 5pm.
A Winter Wonderland event will be held in the Town Hall from 10am featuring:
- Gingerbread House competition and display
- Festive stalls, cake decorating display and a raffle
- Christmas cafe by Rachel Philp
- Gingerbread House judging at 3pm with prizes from Macleans Bakery and Woodside Farm Shop
Lots more going on
There are also several independent events on the day:
- Free soup and sweet in the warmth of St Laurence’s Church (check venue for times)
- Christmas Coffee morning at St Leonard’s Church, 10am to noon
- Mini market at Logie Steading, 10am till 4pm, lots of stalls
- Drumduan School, Christmas market, 11am to 3:30pm
- Rafford Village Hall, Christmas Craft Fair (10am to 2pm)
Staying open late
- Forres Crafters, Tolbooth, 10am till 6pm (unique gifts from local makers)
- The Pantry will be open till 6pm offering a range of German-inspired festive snacks and foodie gifts
- Babalu will open late (till 6pm)
- Highland Army Surplus (till 5:30pm)
- Finishing Touches by Isobel (check with business for times)
The high street (and parts of north street and caroline street) will be closed from 4pm to 6pm, and diversions will be put in place.