Coronavirus in Forres
This page was last updated on 21 October
Resources for business owners
- GOV.UK – Guidance for employers and businesses during Covid-19
- Moray Council – Moray Business Resilience Forum
- Moray Council – COVID-19 Non-Domestic Rates
- Moray Speyside – Covid-19 Help and Support
- VisitScotland – Guidance and Advice for the Tourism Industry
- Business Gateway – Virtual and Local Business Support
Local business listings
Some non-essential businesses still have restrictions in place, particularly hospitality.
See our directory for a full listing of businesses and phone numbers.
Food delivery and takeaway
Between 9 October and 2 November, pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes re only allowed to server food and non-alcoholic drins from 6am to 6pm. Hotel restaurants can stay open till 10pm without serving alcohol. See our hospitality page
Businesses are mostly open
Most business are now open and customers are now widely aware of restrictions on numbers and one-way systems.
Some business such as hospitality businesses, beauty parlours and soft play areas are still under Government orders to stay shut or restrict services.
Please do observe limits to the number of customers in a shop at any one time. Queue outside leaving 2m social distance between others. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please remember this can make others feel uncomfortable, and you should respect their wish to distance from you.
None of the shopkeepers asked for this, it severely impacts their ability to trade. Please be kind to them in these difficult times.